Sunday, January 1, 2012

365:1

I realized fairly recently that I am not taking nearly as many photos of Desmond as I did of Malakai. This is for the obvious reason that having two kids is much busier than having one. It's funny to remember how busy I thought I was. Silly me. 

I also received a new lens for "my" camera over Christmas and learning to use it has inspired me to take more time to use the other functions of the camera. I took photography in college but it was before they taught digital photography, so I'm a novice when it comes to moving out of the auto mode on a DSLR. 

So those things combined inspired me to join others in the 365 challenge or project or whatever you want to call it, of taking (and sharing) at least one photo every day for a year. I've never done a New Year's resolution and this is probably as close as I'll ever get. 

Here is a photo I took of Kai with Ben's iPhone 4s. I am going to inherit an iPhone 4 soon and am excited to have a better camera to capture moments like this when we're on the go. There are plenty of times when running for the "big camera" would result in a missed shot, especially with toddlers + babies.





In this picture Kai was wearing his sunglasses and then took them off and gave me this sly grin. It's not the best shot, but I just love his smile.

I have a feeling the majority of the photos I post here will be of my two boys, but I'll attempt to branch out to other subjects as well.

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment